Author's note: 2 days ago, my fellow church younglings and I went to DuFan*. Guess what we found in front of Halilintar**? The pictures of some students with achievements. With, *coughyourstrulycough* included! That was, like, EPIC. And nope, that's not the title referring to. lol.
Afterwards was a choir-orchestra concert, entitled "Hymn, Out Of Date?". I didn't expect much; I mean, after all that rolling, falling. and hanging in the air, your brain is not working exactly as your owner's manual suggests. Especially on some old church hymns. (Did I hear "Amen" ? XD)
I survived some opening songs, but I couldn't bear the last songs, when the orchestra came in. It was..way too...
AWESOME!!
Now I understand why people endure all the trouble combining different instruments. Trumpets, they are MASCULINE. They create a MAJESTIC atmosphere. Harps, on the other hand, are angelic. They bring you Heavenly peace. Strings provide a melodious track while flute floats a highlight above it. (If you have truly listened to a nice orchestra, you'll understand.)
I closed my eyes, and found myself walking down the streets of heaven, the majesty of God's Throne stunned me.
That night, the choir flushed me to sing along. Then something clicked inside of me.
I know what I'll do in Heaven. I am one of God's singers.
A week ago, in KoRem 2 Retreat***, Priest Mulia said something about 'The Taste of Heaven'. Why do we care less about eternal life, unable to free ourselves off the 'earth-ly' desires? It's because we're never curious about what we'll like, in Heaven. Afterwards, I prayed so God would give me a 'taste of heaven', a 'sample' of what it's like in Heaven.
And God's gentle answer whispered to a tired and unprepared Senna.
"I created you with a singing soul to worship Me."
When I hear music, I feel it. Singing is like breathing to me. Music is like fresh oxygen for me. And now I know why.
Have you ever wondered why music sounds so nice, why it can convey feelings and why it comes naturally to everybody? Music is the language of the soul (it explains why it is a universal communication method!). On the other hand, human souls are created to glorify God. Therefore, music is a media to glorify God. And, as an aftermath, the way to appreciate music to the fullest, is to use it to worship God.
But music is just one way to glorify God. And being God's singer is just one way to live in Heaven. What about you?
Ever sampled a taste of heaven?
"Music is God's gift to man, the only art of Heaven given to earth, the only art of earth we take to Heaven."
-Walter Savage Landor
* DuFan = Dunia Fantasi (Fantasy World, the biggest amusement park in Jakarta)
** Halilintar = DuFan's roller coaster.
***KoRem 2 Retreat = a retreat for Youth, organized by Church of Christ Jesus
1 comment:
Hee...interesting lo. Nice choice of words. Keep posting, I`ll be waiting for the next.
Post a Comment