Saturday, April 14, 2012

Facebook "about (the outdated) me" section

What would a seventeen-year-old, whose mum had just passed away, do? She could either choose to blame the universe and spend the rest of her life in a war against the world, spending her future away. Alternatively, she could choose to turn the cause of her mom's death as a shooting target. She could choose to dream to save other girls' mums by curing cancer - starting by studying really hard, becoming a biology competition winner, got accepted to MIT, and dreamed of winning a nobel prize (as inspired by a teacher). And so, that girl wrote this, shortly before she went to MIT:

I'm starting to hear the echoes of my future... Of how my greatest passion and the world's greatest need will meet.
I'm a dreamer, and it's very HARD to make me give up.
I want to change the world. I want to make it a better place to live. I want my life to make impacts. Maybe not huge. Maybe I don't get to touch hearts as many as Mother Theresa or Oprah does. A single soul would be enough for me =)
I want to cure cancer. I see cancer as my biggest enemy, my shooting target. That's because I love my mom, and I love this world.
I am optimistic. I believe in God's inevitable Master Plan for the best.
I'm a devoted Christian who is fighting to be similar to Jesus. I'm fighting my best!! I'm an innate Christian. Look, it's even coded in my DNA!! You can't do anything to change that =D
I love cute stuffed objects.I love beach because it connects me to my mom. I love my dad. He's the best. I love my little brother also despite the fact that he bullies me everyday :'(
I love my country. It's the nature of every single Carbon atoms in my biological body.
I love creating novel phrases. I am an inference person, my brain works to find a common trend. I am wordy and lettery. And YAY-ish. Equations doesn't work for me due to the frequency of variable change =D.
I owe my teachers my brain, I owe my friends my life, I owe the Admissions Staffs my college life, I owe my parents my DNA and I owe GOD my entire existence. =)
I hate time because it's linear, that's why I don't... get old... I guess??
Oh, and I owe Mitch Albom my favorite quote.
Enough about me. Please, please, be my friend!! ^^


That was the old "about me" section in Facebook, It was written sometime in 2007 or 2008. I am not ashamed of it, I've just outgrown it. That is why I took it down.

A lot has changed since I first went to MIT. I have not seen the entire world, I have just seen more of this world. I am still naive, but I just learnt to be more realistic. My goals have not changed, they have just been refined. My tendencies are still the same, they have just developed to have more layers... an alternate definition of "being more mature".

I'm still a heroine in the fairy tale in my head. I've just learned more about the surroundings, the weapons, the characters, the storyline... and the author.

I'm putting up a new "About me" section. Soon. Soon.

No comments: